How to Make a Candle
1. Heat wax to 75 – 80°C on a stove, preferably in a double boiler. Do NOT heat candle wax in the microwave or on a gas stove.
2. Choose a wick suitable to the diameter of the mould. Work on the middle diameter for non-cylindrical moulds.
3. Prime the wick. Thread the wick through the hole at the bottom of the mould and seal with putty, Prestik, or similar. Keep the wick centered.
4. Fill the mould with liquid melted wax. Allow to cool until the wax is rubbery to the touch. Poke two holes in the wax and allow to cool for a further 20 minutes. Top up with liquid melted wax.
5. Remove Prestik and wicking needle when the wax has cooled completely. Gently pull on the wick to slide the candle out of the mould.