Soy Wax 5kg is 100% Pure and Simply Scentsational
Get Good Fragrance Throw
Soy Wax 5kg is soft, creamy and plant-based. Candle Deli’s scentsational soy is designed for containers, it cannot be moulded. Our soy wax holds fragrances beautifully, making it an excellent choice for scented candles and wax melts. Choose from any Candle Deli’s range of quality fragrance oils.
Contains no allergens. Certificate of Analysis available on request.
What You Need to Know
- Skin safe
- Melting point 50°C
- Add fragrance oils at max 70°C
How to Use Soy Wax 5kg
- Melt the wax in a plastic or glass jug in the microwave.
- Pour the melted wax in containers, or wax melt moulds.
- Make scented soy candles by adding a fragrance oil to the melted, liquid wax.
- Use Stabilo 12, VRL16 or VRL26 depending on the diameter of your container.
- Don’t add stearic acid
- Don’t add coconut oil unless you have a good reason
Can Soy Wax be Moulded?
Well, no, not really. This wax is too soft to burn well in a moulded candle.
Can Soy Wax be Used for Wax Melts?
Yes! Choose from our best performing fragrance oils: Vanilla, Raspberry, Zesty Lemon, Lemongrass
Packaging and Containers
Shop containers and boxes.
NOTES ON SOY WAX IN COLD PROCESS SOAP
Source : Soap Making Forum www.soapmakingforum.com
You can make great soap with it. No, you don’t use it in place of beeswax in soap… beeswax and soy wax have different qualities. Here’s what I have found about soy wax in soap (from my own experience):
1. Soy wax greatly reduces shrinkage/warping in soap bars.
2. Soy wax does not add lather, so you should not use more than say 50% of it in your soap. The more soy wax you use, the more of a good lathering oil you need to use in addition to it.
3. It adds density and creaminess to the lather, which is a plus in soaps that are heavy on the coconut or PKO oil.
4. It makes a great co-partner with olive oil. They complement each other well in the recipes. Use 25% or more olive and 25% soy wax. Add some coconut or PKO as well, and about 10% castor.. you’ll get a killer soap.
5. It is non-drying in soap, and non-irritating.
6. It takes color EXTREMELY well, and helps anchor scent extremely well.
7. It can be “plugged in” to the regular “soybean oil” slot in the lye calculators as it has the exact same SAP value as soybean oil.
|Dimensions||40 × 30 × 50 cm|
Microcrystalline wax, a.k.a microwax 25kg Both microcrystalline waxes and paraffin waxes are products of crude oil refining. Microcrystalline waxes have a different physical structure to paraffin waxes in that they have a very fine crystalline structure. Microwaxes also have a higher molecular weight than paraffin waxes. Microcrystalline waxes are far more flexible and viscous (sticky) [...]
Solve Container Adhesion Problems Sick and tired of your soy candles pulling away from the sides of the container? Add our soy additive Cybar 225 to your soy wax for improved container adhesion. How to Use Cybar 225 Add roughly 5 – 10% of soy additive to soy wax. Melt together and pour your soy [...]
The Best Wax for Dinner Candles Get Perfectly White Candles Every Time Sasol Wax IW3F This wax is a synthetic Fischer-Tropsch wax. Supplied in 5kg bag, white pastilles. Congealing point 60 – 65 ºC Benefits Supplied in handy wax “lentils” which are easy to handle Makes a solid milk white candle Good choice for making pastel [...]